Are you thinking about adding a rug to your kitchen? Are you wondering how you should style a kitchen rug? Adding a rug to your kitchen is a great idea. It can brighten up a space. A rug can add more texture and color to your kitchen. If you're adding a rug to your kitchen, be sure to use this guide to help you out.
How to Choose a Kitchen Rug
- Be sure to measure. A rug in front of your sink should be 2 feet by 3 feet, which is standard. If you use a runner, leave a few inches of space on all of the sides. A rug under a dining table should be the area of the table. Then, add a couple of feet so that the chairs stay on the rug if you move them in or out.
- Look for a flat weave. Flat-weave rugs are easy to clean. You might consider using an outdoor rug because they do not absorb spills. As you search, read the labels on the rugs to see which ones are easiest to clean.
- Consider your kitchen's style and colors. Whenever you add new décor to your home, you should make sure you are matching it to your existing décor. You can also use a rug to add a pop of color or offer some contrast.
- Shop for high-traffic options. As you look at rugs, some options will be listed as 'high-traffic'. This means that they are durable and can handle lots of wear and tear. This is great in the kitchen because spills are inevitable. Plus, kitchens tend to get a lot of use.
How to Style a Kitchen Rug
Ready to add a rug to your kitchen? Here are some styling guidelines to help you get started:
- Use warm and vintage colors to add coziness to your kitchen. Warm tones like oranges and pinks look great in nearly any kitchen.
- To brighten up a space, add a fun print or color. A rug can be a good way to add a pop of color to your kitchen.
- If you have a minimalist style in your kitchen but still want to add a pattern, try a neutral-colored print. Stripes, plaids, and abstract prints are a good place to start. Many rugs are available in neutral gray tones.
- If you want to keep things cohesive and traditional, use neutral tones. This will add the texture you want without overdoing things.
Our Top Kitchen Rug Picks
Kolkata Boho Vintage Medallion Rug
This is a great way to add a fun print to your kitchen without overdoing it. The darker blue shade helps to hide spills. This rug can work in a variety of kitchens.
Nuku Bohemian Textured Weave Floral Indoor/Outdoor
This is a great option because it's an indoor/outdoor rug. It can handle lots of traffic and spills due to its flat weave. The colors are dark enough to hide some spills and wear as well.