When you buy a new rug, you want to make sure you take the best possible care of it. The rug’s beauty will quickly fade if you do not take proper care of it. This is even truer of indoor/outdoor rug options.
Outdoor rugs are subject to much more wear and tear. They may fade in the sun. They will likely get dirtier. You will not necessarily remember to vacuum them regularly as you would for an indoor rug. Any of this use without specific care will make your outdoor rug less likely to last well.
To combat the elements, dirt, and more, you need to know how to properly care for an indoor/outdoor rug. It is important to both know how to do this and to make sure you do this regularly.
Here are some guidelines for taking care of indoor/outdoor rugs:
- Keep your rug out of direct sunlight. If possible, place your rug in a shaded area, such as on a patio under a deck. Continuous sunlight can also fade your rug. By keeping your indoor/outdoor rug out of direct, continuous sunlight, you can prevent fading.
- Use a rug pad. Without a rug pad, air cannot circulate below the rug. This leads to mold, mildew, and bacteria. If your rug has mold, mildew, and bacteria, it is not clean. You will have to replace the rug sooner than you might have expected to as well as a result.
- Vacuum regularly. Get in the habit of vacuuming your indoor/outdoor rug with a brushless vacuum. This is especially important if you find a lot of dirt and debris on your rug. If you eat outdoors, you probably have crumbs to vacuum as well. You should try to avoid letting dirt, debris, crumbs, and more settle into the rug.
- Remove spills immediately. You may dine on your rug outdoors. If liquid spills onto the rug, be sure to blot it with a clean, undyed cloth. This should be done immediately to prevent staining.
- You may use professional rug cleaning services if you have stains that are hard to remove. This can help with stains that have been set into the rug.
- To store your indoor/outdoor rug, keep it in a dry, well-ventilated area.
If you’re in the market for a new indoor/outdoor rugs, Eyely offers a wide selection. These rugs are designed for both indoor and outdoor use. They are fade-resistant so the colors will stay bold. They are high-traffic to keep them in great shape for years to come.
Here is one of our favorite indoor/outdoor rugs from Eyely.
Grenada Modern Floral Textured Weave Indoor/Outdoor
Add some graphic punch to your porch or patio with the bold blooms on our modern floral rug. The large-scale pattern has a geometric effect in a simple palette of sage green, brown and beige. The flatweave design is great for high-traffic spaces indoors too.
The Grenada Modern Floral Textured Weave Indoor/Outdoor rug is a great option. It offers a pretty floral print, which is perfect for summertime when you will be enjoying your outdoor space. It is available in a variety of sizes so you can choose the right one for your needs. It would look great under a dining table or in an outdoor lounge space. It is also available in three different color combinations.